Friday, 8:00 PM to midnight | Regency Ballroom, Hilton Milwaukee Downtown | $15 tickets (available at door)
Not sure what to do after opening ceremonies? Want to show off those ballroom dancing lessons you got as a gift over the holidays? Have you ever wanted to go to prom and dance with a Tuxedo Mask? (Who hasn’t?) Then, have we got the event for you! Suit up and dance the night away for a good cause at our annual masked charity ball. Get your picture taken on the grand staircase, enjoy a drink at the cash bar and enjoy some amazing music! Music & dance instruction by Joey Stone. Tickets are sold on the fourth floor of the Hilton near the skywalk entrance (past the escalators to the left, if you’re getting off the skywalk).
The charity chosen for 2020 is Key to Change.
Key to Change directs funds to programs that have a lasting impact. Donations are used to further the mission of Milwaukee County Housing Division’s Housing First project – an initiative that recognizes housing as the first step toward stabilization. Stable living conditions are then complemented by wraparound services, which range from rehabilitation and counseling to job training and placement. To date, over 1,500 homeless individuals in Milwaukee have been placed.
THEME: Masked Heroes & Villains Ball
General rules for attending the ECPS Charity Ball:
- This event is open to the public. An Anime Milwaukee badge is not required.
- Formal attire and a mask is required*. Masks are available for purchase at the door.
- No outside food or drink is allowed unless medically necessary.
- Large bags/purses are not allowed. Small purses/handbags/clutches are acceptable.
- Coats will not be allowed into the event. Please leave your coats in your car or hotel room.
- No smoking or vaping.
- We are not responsible for any lost or stolen items.
- Please be respectful of the venue, our equipment, our staff and fellow attendees to avoid damages/injuries.
The dress code is formal. Acceptable other formalwear includes traditional costumes (i.e. kimonos, kilts, Saris, Kebaya) and formal military attire. If you plan on cosplaying during this event, your costume must still be formal appropriate. Please use your best judgment on whether your costume is considered formal. Costume paint and street shoes will not be allowed.
*Be advised that you will not be admitted into this event without formal attire and a mask. Appropriate attire is per staff discretion.
» back to top
Friday, 10pm–3am | Hilton Milwaukee Empire Ballroom for 2020
Join us at Hilton Milwaukee Empire Ballroom for Club AMKE! Come see Anime Milwaukee’s top DJs spin the hottest music. Drink and let’s make the first night of AMKE go out with a bang. Must be 18 to enter and 21+ to drink. Admission is free with your Anime Milwaukee badge.
- DJ HYPE☆GIRL
- Kurtz Callum
- DJ Rozz
- W.T. Snacks
Nocturnal Underground Rave
Saturday, 10pm–3am | Main Programming
The lights turn low and the beats go way up at Nocturnal Underground, Anime Milwaukee’s premier dance party! Light up the night with the best DJs from the around the country, as they spin the hardest beats and the hottest new jams all night long. Throw down for the most electrifying dance party experience ever. Get your dancing shoes and your glow sticks on, and join us on the dance floor tonight!
Admission is free with your Anime Milwaukee badge. Check the rules below before going!
- HEADLINER: Lady Faith with support from MADGRRL
- DJ Rozz
- Snack Attack (W.T. Snacks b2b DJ HYPE☆GIRL)
- VDJ Dagaru
*Photos courtesy of PunkBurd Arts
- Nocturnal Underground is ALL AGES until 11 PM. Per Milwaukee law, unaccompanied minors after that time must be accompanied by an adult over the age of 18. Minors exiting the dance will not be permitted to re-enter alone after 11 PM. Please remember to bring your photo ID if you plan on exiting Nocturnal Underground during the event after 11 PM.
- Admission is included with your Anime Milwaukee badge to both events, and is required for entry.
- No bottles with any liquids will be allowed inside the dances. There will be water stations inside the event.
- No bags are permitted, except for a clutch, wristlet, or a medical device that will be subject to search at all times. This is for the safety of everyone. Pro tip: Utilize your phone case for your forms of ID and locker information.
- No photography or recording is permitted during concerts.
- No line jumping, reserving spots and saving seats. If you need to use the restroom or get a drink of water while in line, let staff know first.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Club AMKE FAQ
How do I get to Club AMKE?
Club AMKE is located at the Hilton Milwaukee City Center in the Empire Ballroom, located off the main lobby to the right.
There will be a set of short stairs leading to a double glass door, with AMKE staff stationed out front. If you need information on accessible entrances, please don’t hesitate to ask them!
From the Skywalk, take the escalators down 1 floor and turn left to get to the hotel check-in desks. The Empire Ballroom will be on your far left.
From the entrance of the Hilton, take the stairs up to the hotel check-in desks. The Empire Ballroom will be on your far right.
How old do you have to be to enter Club AMKE?
18 enter, 21 to drink. Photo ID and valid AMKE badge required for entry.
Can I take my drink from the hotel bar to Club AMKE?
Yes. Sometimes the bar lines at the top can be long. To help with the demand of drinks, you can purchase the signature drinks at the bar as well. Last call for bar is 11:30PM.
What type of drinks are sold during Club AMKE?
The bartender at Club AMKE can make you anything they have at their bar. Examples include rum and coke, beer, and vodka and Sprite. No shots.
Can I bring a bag in?
You cannot bring a bag inside. *This is for the safety of everyone.
The only exception to this will be a clutch, wristlet, or medical devices, which will be subject to searching. We advise all attendees to also utilize their phone case to carry their forms of ID and Pop Up Lockers in the Wisconsin Center.
Are alcohol drinks purchased from the Hilton allowed in the convention center during Club AMKE?
No, you can’t bring alcoholic drinks into the Wisconsin Center. Drinks purchased from the Hilton are ONLY allowed on the bar floor, your hotel room and the Empire Ballroom.
Can I bring a water bottle in?
You cannot bring bottles with any liquids inside. There will be water stations inside the event along with drinking fountains outside Main Programming near the restrooms.
Where is coat check? Does it cost money?
Instead of traditional coat check, Anime Milwaukee is partnering with Pop Up Lockers for a safe and secure place to store your items in Room 101A in Wisconsin Center. Prices start at $15 per day. Alternative options to store your coat include your hotel room, car, or with a friend who has a room.
Can I bring in light-up items into the rave?
Yes, LED hoops, wands and other light up props are allowed! We ask that attendees be courteous to other attendees and not strike each other with said props.