ECPS is looking for a Convention Chair for Anime Milwaukee, its flagship event. The position would start in the AMKE 2022 convention year.
The convention chair is a leader, front-person, mentor, and guide for AMKE’s all-volunteer staff. Chair is accountable for the planning and implementation of all aspects of the annual show including budget, staffing, guests, programming, registration and sales, media and operations. The chair will lead a team of organizational directors who serve to implement the chair’s vision and make the show happen. ECPS is looking for a seasoned leader who can keep the event planning running smoothly on time and budget, while maintaining our excellent relationship with venues and with the Milwaukee community.
Term Length: Open ended term with bi-annual renewal and annual review process.
Organizational structure – Chair defines this with the approval of the BOD.
Reporting – Provides monthly reports to the BOD on status and health of the event. (Accomplishments, risks, important deadlines, etc.)
- 2 years management experience
- Budgeting and financial management
- Interviewing and hiring
- Strong facilitation skills
- Experience in contracts/negotiation
- Event management experience
- Chair is expected to commit time sufficient to support the needs of the show.
- As an estimate, this is approx 10h/wk commitment throughout the year, with greater time demands during December-Feb lead-in to the show and March reconciliation and wrap.
- Expected to set weekly “office availability” times
- Lead 1 directors’ meeting monthly
- Lead staff meetings as scheduled
- Physical proximity to the area preferred but not required.
Candidates will be expected to present:
At application time
- Letter of Intent
During the interview process
- Vision for the show: 2022 and beyond
- Brief perspective summary of 2020 show positives and negatives
- Intended Leadership structure
Interview process and date(s)
- First round interviews verbal/phone. Each candidate will first give a ten (10) minute oral presentation Following the oral presentation, there will be an interview period featuring questions from the ECPS Election Committee. This session will last roughly twenty (20) minutes. Each candidate will be interviewed individually.
- Potential final round if multiple strong candidates present. Board voting and selection after phone interview round(s).