THEME: Superheros on Ice!
Monday, October 15, 2018 – Friday, November 16, 2018
- Free table in the Artist Alley for Anime Milwaukee 2020 (next year) with guaranteed first row placement. If you are part of Anime Milwaukee’s 2019 Artist Alley, you will also be given first row placement this year.
- Your name and booth number advertised in the Anime Milwaukee Guide Book!
- A t-shirt with your winning design on it.
- Create an original piece that showcases the Anime Milwaukee (AMKE) mascots in a fun way for our 2019 convention! Entries should keep the general look of the mascots and use the general AMKE color palate, but in a fun and interesting way.
- Art must be your own! No copying or tracing allowed.
- Please do not use any copyrighted, 3rd party, obscene or inappropriate content, language or imagery.
- You may allude to popular anime but please refrain from doing direct fanart of those characters. (see above guideline)
- You must use a restrictive color palette of UP TO 5 colors. This includes white if your design is on a non white shirt. (use your negative space wisely!)
- By entering the contest you are giving Anime Milwaukee permission and rights to reproduce your art on shirts and merchandise exclusively for the 2019 convention year. You will however retain the rights to produce your artwork as prints, which we encourage you to sell at your table!
Q: Where can I obtain references of the mascots?
A: Right here! [link]
You can of course change costumes and general features, but please keep or mascots looking like themselves. Please also keep the outfits in general AMKE colors-red, white, black, etc.
Q: What size/quality are you looking for?
A: Pretty High-res (its going an a shirt!) Its safe to stay around A3 size (11.7 x 16.5 in) or similar to that and at 300 dpi. (or as close to this as your computer can handle)
Q: How many times/designs can I enter?
A: You may enter up to 3 pieces.
Q: Will you retain the rights to my art forever?
A: No. We will have use to it for the 2019 Convention year for use in our shirts and other promotional material like convention info posters and adds. After the 2019 convention year, you may use the art as you please.
Q: What is the deadline for submitting to the contest?
A: Deadline for the T-Shirt Contest is Friday, November 16, 2018 at 11:59PM.
When submitting your art on the submission form you should upload a lower resolution image, preferably in .png or .jpeg format and you may include a watermark. Just please know that the larger, unwatermarked (signature is fine) file will be required to be used and win the contest.