Come and see one of the biggest events that will happen at Anime Milwaukee, the Cosplay Masquerade! Whether you plan to strut your stuff or just want to watch the show, there’s something for everyone to see. This cosplay contest is one of our biggest events of the weekend.
The Masquerade will begin at 5:30 pm in Main Programming. Time to sit back, relax and watch cosplayers’ show off months of hard work onstage while you cheer for your favorite contestants!
Want to register to participate? Pre-registration is closed. You can sign up for the Masquerade during their office hours on Friday and Saturday before the event. Review slots are limited, so stop by early.
Anime Milwaukee 2019 Masquerade
- MASQUERADE CALL TIME: SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 16, 2019 @ 3:45 PM
- MASQUERADE START TIME: SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 16, 2019 @ 5:30 PM
MASQUERADE OFFICE HOURS:
FRIDAY: 9:30 AM-12:00 PM AND 1:00 PM-6:30 PM
SATURDAY: 9:00 AM-12:00 PM, 1:00 PM-3:45 PM, AND 8:30 PM-9:00 PM
SUNDAY: 10:00 AM-1:00 PM FEEDBACK SESSION
Office location: 101CD Wisconsin Center
Cosplayers may compete for awards in two major areas: presentation (based on how the costumes appear when presented) and craftsmanship (based on close examination of the costumes backstage).
- CHIBI: Young cosplayers (12 and under) may compete in this category and not against adults, unless they wish to.
- NOVICE: The Novice division exists to encourage people who are new to cosplay and masquerades to compete.
- JOURNEYMAN: This division is for cosplayers who have won awards in, or whose skill exceeds, the Novice division, but who feel they are not yet ready to compete in the Master division.
- MASTER: This division is for cosplayers at the top of their craft. Anyone may compete in the Master division.
- EXHIBITION: This division is for cosplayers who are not eligible to compete in another division.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
If you have not done so already, please take a moment to review the Masquerade Rules and Regulations.
Read more about our 2019 Masquerade Judges & Emcee: HERE
Read more about our new Masquerade Staff: HERE