Friday, 8:00 PM to midnight | Crystal Ballroom, Hilton Milwaukee Downtown | $15 tickets (available at door)
Not sure what to do after opening ceremonies? Want to show off those ballroom dancing lessons you got as a gift over the holidays? Have you ever wanted to go to prom and dance with a Tuxedo Mask? (Who hasn’t?) Then, have we got the event for you! Suit up and dance the night away for a good cause at our annual masked charity ball. Get your picture taken on the grand staircase, enjoy a drink at the cash bar and enjoy some amazing music! Tickets are sold on the fourth floor of the Hilton near the skywalk entrance (past the escalators to the left, if you’re getting off the skywalk).
The charity chosen for 2019 is Generations Against Bullying.
Generations Against Bullying (GAB) provides a proven, comprehensive anti-bullying solution for schools. GAB helps save lives by offering community services to help turn bystanders into upstanders. GAB community services will help you shift the culture of bullying into a culture of love, acceptance and encouragement.
General rules for attending the ECPS Charity Ball:
- This event is open to the public. An Anime Milwaukee badge is not required.
- Formal attire and a mask is required*. Masks are available for purchase at the door.
- No outside food or drink is allowed unless medically necessary.
- Large bags/purses are not allowed. Small purses/handbags/clutches are acceptable.
- Coats will not be allowed into the event. Please check your coats at the Anime Milwaukee coat check (101A in Wisconsin Center).
- No smoking or vaping.
- We are not responsible for any lost or stolen items.
- Please be respectful of the venue, our equipment, our staff and fellow attendees to avoid damages/injuries.
The dress code is formal. Acceptable other formalwear includes traditional costumes (i.e. kimonos, kilts, Saris, Kebaya) and formal military attire. If you plan on cosplaying during this event, your costume must still be formal appropriate. Please use your best judgment on whether your costume is considered formal. Costume paint and street shoes will not be allowed.
Be advised that you will not be admitted into this event without formal attire and a mask. Appropriate attire is per staff discretion.
» back to top
Friday, 10pm–3am | Hilton Milwaukee TBD for 2020
Join us at Hilton Milwaukee TBD for Club AMKE! Come see Anime Milwaukee’s top DJs spin the hottest music. Drink and let’s make the first night of AMKE go out with a bang. Must be 18 to enter and 21+ to drink. Admission is free with your Anime Milwaukee badge.
- TBA for 2020
Nocturnal Underground Rave
Saturday, 10pm–3am | Main Programming
The lights turn low and the beats go way up at Nocturnal Underground, Anime Milwaukee’s premier dance party! Light up the night with the best DJs from the around the country, as they spin the hardest beats and the hottest new jams all night long. Throw down for the most electrifying dance party experience ever. Get your dancing shoes and your glow sticks on, and join us on the dance floor tonight!
Admission is free with your Anime Milwaukee badge. Check the rules below before going!
- TBA for AMKE 2020!
*Photos courtesy of PunkBurd Arts
- Anime Milwaukee badge needed for entry.
- NO bottles with any liquids will be allowed inside the Dances, there will be water stations inside the event.
- NO bags will be allowed in. *This is for the safety of everyone. We want everyone to know this BEFORE they line up that absolutely NO BAGS will not be admitted. The only exception to this will be a clutch/wristlet or medical devices, which will be subject to searching. We advise all attendees to also utilize their phone case to carry their forms of ID and coat check.
- No photography or recording is permitted during concerts.
- NO line jumping, reserving spots and saving seats. If you need to use the washroom or get a drink of water while in line, let staff know so that you do not seem to be cutting in line when you return.
- IDs: Nocturnal Underground Rave (Saturday) is all ages, but due to Wisconsin curfew laws, someone in your group must have an ID showing that they are over 18. All minors (under 18) must be accompanied by an adult. Also, Club AMKE (Friday) is 18+. You must bring an ID to enter for Club AMKE.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Club AMKE FAQ
How old do you have to be to enter Club AMKE?
18 enter, 21 to drink. Photo ID and valid AMKE badge required for entry.
Are alcohol drinks purchased from the hotel allowed in the convention center during Club AMKE?
NO! Drinks purchased from the hotel are ONLY allowed on the first floor, your hotel room and the top floor.
How do I get to Club AMKE?
TBD for 2020!
Can I take my drink from the first floor of the hotel to Club AMKE during Club AMKE?
Yes. Sometimes the bar lines at the top can be long. To help with the demand of drinks, you can purchase the signature drinks at the bar as well.
What type of drinks are sold during Club AMKE?
The bartender at Club AMKE can make you anything that they have at their bar (Ex: rum & Coke, beer, Vodka & Sprite. No Shots)
Am I allowed to stand in line for the the elevator on the second floor with drink?
The only time you are allowed to be on the Second floor of the hotel with your alcohol drink is in line for Club AMKE.
Can I bring a bag in?
You cannot bring a bag inside. *This is for the safety of everyone.
The only exception to this will be a clutch/wristlet or medical devices, which will be subject to searching. We advise all attendees to also utilize their phone case to carry their forms of ID and coat check. We advise using the coat check!
Where is coat check? Does it cost money?
Coat check is located at TBD in Wisconsin Center. It costs $5 for up to 4 hours, $10 all day, $25 all weekend (free for VIP+, VIP, and photographer badge). *PRICES SUBJECT TO CHANGE*
Can I bring a water bottle in?
You cannot bring bottles with any liquids inside. There will be water stations inside the event along with drinking fountains outside Main Programming near the restrooms.
Can I bring in light-up items into the rave?
Yes, LED hoops, wands and other light up props are allowed. We ask that attendees be courteous to other attendees and not strike each other with said props.