Join the AMKE Team!
Did you know that AMKE’s red-shirted staff is made up completely of dedicated volunteers? From con chair to badge checker and everything in between, we are a 100% volunteer organization. Whether you have skills in a field or just want to see what goes on under the hood, we’re always looking for new people to join the team!
- You understand that this is a volunteer role, and not a paid position.
- Must be at least 18 years old by February 2020
- Must be able to volunteer for at least 24 hours throughout the convention
- Must be able to attend all Mandatory Meetings and/or Conference Calls
- Must adhere to Anime Milwaukee Staff Code of Conduct at all times
What are the perks?
AMKE provides hotel crash space, weekend membership, meals and staff t-shirts for our staff who sign on to help us make the show great! We also provide customer service and department specific training, and team gatherings & meetings throughout the year.
We’re currently looking for more help in several areas including Registration, safety, autographs, panel and video programming. Fill out the app at the button below if you’d like to staff at Anime Milwaukee this year!
If you applied and have not heard back from Anime Milwaukee within 1-2 weeks, please send us a message on Facebook and we will check the status of your application.
Departments Seeking Staff
- Main Programming: Stage Crew
- Panel Programming: Staff
- Childrens’ Programming
- Video Game Programming
- Video Programming
- Table Top Programming
Programming Division Director
- Appoints, recruits and oversees department heads and coordinators for programming-related planning and events.
- Oversees, and participates in, scheduling and planning of panels, main programming, video programming, tabletop gaming, and video gaming departments from a high level.
- Acts as a mentor for department heads and fosters a healthy culture within the division of collaboration and ownership.
- Establishes short and long-term goals for the overall health of the division and the convention.
- Receives regular reporting from various department heads and coordinators and regularly reports to convention chairs. Expected to be available for regular meetings whether attended remotely or in person during pre-convention planning.
- Communicates and works alongside fellow convention leadership for the coordination of various aspects of convention planning and decision-making with other officers of Anime Milwaukee.
- Stays in regular contact with the chair and vice chairs throughout the year.
- Ready to volunteer? Apply now! While filling out the staffing application, select <specific position> and type in: Programming Division Director.
- Guest Assistants: Staff (handlers, green room attendants, line control)
- Guest Logistics (drivers)
- Design & Production: Staff
- Customer Service: Staff
- Public Relations: Staff
- Coat Check: Staff
- Medical Incident Response (MIR): First responders
- IT: Staff
- ConOps: Staff
- Registration: Staff
- Exhibit Hall: Staff
- Merchandise: Staff
Volunteer / Gopher
Ever want to be a part of the behind-the-scenes of Anime Milwaukee, but don’t have time to come to training or meetings? You can still help! At-con, go to Volunteers Office on the first floor of the Wisconsin Center to sign up as an at-con volunteer and we’ll find something fun for you to do to help out at the show! If you need volunteer hours for a school or group activity, we can definitely find something fun for you to do and learn during the show!
What are the perks?
We offer 50% and full badge refunds depending on how many hours you contribute to our convention (up to 12 hours). All first-time volunteers are required to pay for their membership badge, but will be refunded on Sunday if their goal hours are met. Returning volunteers receive a complimentary full weekend badge, but are expected to reach the 12-hour requirement.
*Make sure to whitelist the above email & expect a response within 3-5 business days. Feel free to send us a message on Facebook if you do not receive a response by then.